Thursday, 31 October 2013

Give your home a pre-Christmas treat

Something a bit different this week. I’m not going to talk about winter clothes OR Christmas for a change. Shocking, I know. Ok, so that’s not strictly true – I might mention Christmas in passing, but only as a reference point. Let me explain… it’s at about this time of year that I realise how shabby all my home furnishings are. Every January I make a New Year’s resolution to invest in a new chair/sofa/rug etc and every year, something else gets in the way and I put it off. But if you’re more organised than me and want to spruce up your furniture bits before Christmas then here are a few choice vintagey picks…


Habitat is a chic as it comes on the high street but ordering online with this Habitat voucher code can get you 10% off when you sign up to their newsletter. And 10% equates to quite a bit if you’re buying a larger item, like this Wilmot 2 Seat Sofa or this Ella Fabric Armchair, for example.


WILMOT red fabric 2 seat sofa with multi-coloured buttonsELLA fabric armchair


Dunelm Mill might not be an obvious choice for any vintage-inspired items, but don’t dismiss them out of hand if you’re looking for a bargain. This Gatsby Sofa is currently 20% off, reduced to £479.99, their Mauve Bardot Velvet Armchair is 30% off at £125.99 and if you’ve got a vintage-loving sprog on your hands, this Kid’s Pink Toulouse 1 Drawer Nightstand is 50%, now down to £24.99.


Gatsby SofaMauve Bardot Velvet Armchair


More armchairs you say? Well, I think I’ve got another beauty up my sleeve. With this The Range discount voucher, you can get 15% off selected items including a Martini Swivel Chair, reduced from £67.00 to £49.99.


Martini Swivel Chair - Black


So that’s your lot for this week. Enjoy all your new chairs and sofas, but make them a priority before you start decorating the tree, or it might be another year before you get around to thinking about them again. If you’re anything like me that is…



No comments:

Post a Comment